Compete for Miss California
- Must be a United States citizen
- At least 17 years at the time of the local competition
- No more than 24 years old on December 31, 2017
- High school graduate or will become a high school graduate or complete the GED testing program prior to July 30, 2017
- Female, never married and never have had children
- Legal resident of California for at least six (6) months prior to local competition
- Must meet the specific geographic and/or other eligibility requirements for the local competition
|Residency||or School||or Work|
|Reside in the local competition license area for a period of SIX (6) Months prior to entering a local preliminary competition.
Proof will be a California Driver;s License, auto registration, lease in the contestant’s name or any other official document establishing residency.
|Completed at least ONE FULL TIME SEMESTER or TWO FULL TIME QUARTERS at a high school, community college or a four year college/university within the State of California and must be currently enrolled as a FULL TIME STUDENT within the license area of the local competition.
Proof will be evidence of registration, transcripts or other official documentation from the appropriate educational institution.
|Have been a FULL-TIME employee for SIX (6) Months prior to entering the local competition. The physical workplace where you work must be located within the license area of the local completion.
Proof will be a letter from the contestant’s employer.
- Must maintain the basis for eligibility throughout the local and state competition
- There are no limits on the number of competitions an entrant may enter within a single competition year. An entrant may enter any local competition (closed or open) if she meets the eligibility requirements for that specific local competition. However, if she becomes a titleholder, she cannot compete in any other competition during that competition year.
- A current titleholder is not permitted to enter the same competition in which she won a title the previous year, even if multiple titles are being awarded. She may, however, enter any other competition for which she is eligible