Become a Candidate
Each year, thousands of young women participate at the local level culminating in the selection of finalists who compete for the title of Miss California’s Outstanding Teen. One of them could be you!
To become Miss California’s Outstanding Teen, a candidate must first enter and win a local competition or compete directly at the state competition as an at-large candidate.
Why enter? Because you can…
- Gain valuable experience and develop life skills (e.g. interview skills, public speaking, interpersonal communication, social interaction, etc.)
- Earn quality scholarship funds for college, regardless of whether a title is won
- Find new interests and discover new opportunities
- Make lifelong friendships and relationships
- Learn to set goals, follow them through and exceed your expectations
- Develop a sense of responsibility for helping others
- Foster a positive, self-motivated mindset to achieve your goals
- Receive recognition for your efforts in bettering yourself and your community
Where to start? To become a candidate, you must:
- Be 12-17 years old regardless of year in school or be an 18 year-old NON-graduate from high school
- Be 13 years old by the first phase of competition for Miss California’s Outstanding Teen 2021
- Be a United States citizen
- Meet requirements for residency or school attendance for competing in a certain city or state
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
Currently there are no local competitions available leading to Miss California’s Outstanding Teen 2021.
Check back for possible updates after January 1, 2021.
Currently we are not accepting additional At-Large and Appointed Teens for the 2021 Competition.